DDHS Graduation 2017
Class of 2017 Graduation Information
Awards Night: DDHS will have an awards night for scholarships separate from the graduation ceremony. The event will be held from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, June 4, 2017, in the DDHS Main Gym. Graduating students who are selected for one or more scholarships will be invited to the event with their family and friends. They will find out which scholarship(s) they’ve won during the ceremony. Can’t make it? Watch it live online.
Ceremony: Graduation will be held indoors in the DDHS East Gym, on Thursday, June 8, 2017. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. Indoor seating is limited and each graduate will receive six tickets for the ceremony with the opportunity to request more tickets at graduation rehearsal if any remain available. The ceremony will be broadcast live in the DDHS auditorium for overflow crowds.
Fees/Fines: All fines and fees should be paid in full by 3 p.m. on Wednesday, June 7. Fees/fines are up-to-date and can be viewed at any time in Infinite Campus. Seniors should check frequently for any unpaid fees/fines. School Board Policy 5460, Graduation Requirements states: A student may be denied participation in graduation activities for disciplinary reasons and for non-payment of fees (This includes any overdue materials and lunch fines). Fees and fines can be paid online in the student’s Parent Portal with a debit/credit card, or in person at the DDHS main office with cash or money-order only. Office hours are 7 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. See Mrs. Pelnar or Mrs. Daniels in the Main Office if you have questions.
Student Rehearsal: Graduation rehearsal starts at 8 a.m. on graduation day in the large group study hall room. All graduates are expected to attend rehearsal. If a senior does not attend rehearsal, they will NOT be able to go through the ceremony. For questions, contact the main office. Students should also check the honors/high honors list posted outside Student Services the morning of June 8 and report any errors to the Student Services Office as soon as possible.
Student Arrival: On the evening of graduation, graduates must be in the large group study hall room prior to 6 p.m. to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Everyone must wear a graduation gown from Jostens. There are some seniors who still need to pick up their Jostens orders. Please contact Mrs. Pelnar or Mrs. Daniels in the Main Office with any questions. Payment must be made in cash or money order only!
- Graduation gowns should be removed from the plastic bag and hung to release wrinkles. If the gown is still wrinkled on the day of the ceremony, it can be pressed using a low temperature iron. (Caution-hot irons have melted some gowns in the past.)
- Women should wear a dress, skirt, or dress pants under the graduation gown. Men should wear a white or light colored collared shirt and long khakis or dress pants under the graduation gown. No jeans or shorts.
- The outside of graduation caps and gowns must be free of all decorations, except NHS pins and sashes.
- Students not dressed appropriately for graduation will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
- Orders for cap, gown, tassel, graduation announcements and/or any other senior memorabilia should have already been placed through Jostens. Any questions should be directed to email@example.com. If your senior has not yet ordered, he/she may do so at www.jostens.com.
Graduation Requirements: As soon as possible, students should check they have met all graduation requirements necessary to receive their diploma. Students who feel they are not meeting requirements or who believe there is a discrepancy in their credits received should contact the DDHS Student Services Office.
Graduation Photos: Empire Photography will be taking photos as graduates receive their diplomas. To receive your free digital proofs, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following in your email: school name, student’s name, your email address and any other email address you would like the digital proof sent to. If no email address is available, watch for the proofs in the mail a week or two after graduation. If you have any further questions about the photos taken at graduation, please call Empire Photography at 608-257-2941 between 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
Graduation Video: A livestream of the graduation ceremony will start just prior to the ceremony. Find the stream at: http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/delavandarien-high-school-delavan-wi/. If the ceremony is held indoors, the ceremony will also be aired in the DDHS Auditorium for overflow crowd. Free DVD copies of the ceremony will be available the following week at the School Administration Center, 324 Beloit St., Delavan (limit one per graduate). Families are allowed to make duplicate copies of the DVD.
Transcripts: A college may have already accepted a student, but college admission is contingent on the college receiving a final transcript. Students should stop by student services ASAP to arrange for having their final transcript sent to their post-secondary institution.
Early Graduates: If your student is scheduled to graduate at semester, please have them contact Ms. Maria Martin (262-233-6631 or at email@example.com) so that she can collect their contact information and communicate important dates and information to the students.
Local Scholarships: Please contact Scholarship Coordinator Jodi Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-233-6634 for more information about local scholarhips. Almost all of the local scholarships require community service. If you need your community service hours included with your local scholarship application, the completed community service forms must be turned in to Mrs. Pelnar. Feel free to contact her at email@example.com or 262-233-6729.
Sign Language (ASL) Interpreters: To request a sign language interpreter for graduation, contact Mrs. Tracey Daniels, administrative assistant, at 262-233-6605 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org three weeks prior to the ceremony.
Balloons and Large Signs at Graduation: For the viewing enjoyment of all in attendance, balloons and large signs are prohibited at the graduation ceremony and will need to be stored in the Commons until after the graduation ceremony.
- Click here for a timeline of events leading up to graduation.
- Yearbook and Senior Pictures: For information regarding yearbook and senior pictures, please contact email@example.com.
- Senior building access: Seniors should not be in the building on Monday, June 5th, Tuesday, June 6th or Wednesday, June 7th unless they are taking care of unpaid fees or fines or have other official school business.
- Lunch balances: Lunch account balances will be automatically transferred to younger siblings. For any remaining balances of $10 or more, refund checks will be processed. Any other balances will be refunded upon written request to Tina Hudy, our food service director. If you aren’t sure if you have a refund coming, ask your senior to check at one of the registers during lunchtime. Mrs. Hudy can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Tina Hudy – Food Service Director, 150 Cummings Street, Delavan, WI 53115.
- Community Service forms must be turned in to the main office by 3 p.m. Friday, June 3, to be included on diplomas.