DDHS Graduation 2018
Class of 2018 Graduation Information
Awards Night: DDHS will have an awards night for scholarships separate from the graduation ceremony. The event will be held from 3 p.m. on Sunday, June 3, 2018, in the DDHS Main Gym and Commons. Graduating students who are selected for one or more scholarships will be invited to the event with their family and friends. They will find out which scholarship(s) they’ve won during the ceremony.
Ceremony: Graduation will be held indoors in the DDHS Main Gym, on Thursday, June 7th, 2018. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. Indoor seating is limited and each graduate will receive six tickets for the ceremony with the opportunity to request more tickets at graduation rehearsal if any remain available. The ceremony will likely be broadcasted live in the DDHS auditorium for overflow crowds.
Fees/Fines: All fines and fees should be paid in full by 3 p.m. by Monday, June 4. Fees/fines are up-to-date and can be viewed at any time in Infinite Campus. Seniors should check frequently for any unpaid fees/fines. School Board Policy 5460, Graduation Requirements states: A student may be denied participation in graduation activities for disciplinary reasons and for non-payment of fees (This includes any overdue materials and lunch fines). Fees and fines can be paid online in the student’s Parent Portal with a debit/credit card, or in person at the DDHS main office with cash or money-order only. Office hours are 7 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. See Mrs. Pelnar or Mrs. Daniels in the Main Office if you have questions.
Student Rehearsal: On Thursday June 7 at DDHS, the senior breakfast is at 7 a.m. in the cafeteria and graduation rehearsal starts at 8 a.m. in the large group room 134/125. All graduates are expected to attend rehearsal. If a senior does not attend graduation rehearsal, they WILL NOT be able to go through the ceremony. For questions on this policy please contact Mr. Karedes. Seniors should also check the honors/high honors list posted outside Student Services the morning of June 7 and report any errors or omissions to Mrs. Ettner as soon as possible.
Student Arrival: On the evening of graduation, graduates must be in the large group study hall room at 6 p.m. to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Everyone must wear a graduation gown from Jostens. There are some seniors who still need to pick up their Jostens orders. Please contact Mrs. Pelnar or Mrs. Daniels in the Main Office with any questions. Payment must be made in cash or money order only!
- Graduation gowns should be removed from the plastic bag and hung to release wrinkles. If the gown is still wrinkled on the day of the ceremony, it can be pressed using a low temperature iron. (Caution-hot irons have melted some gowns in the past.)
- Women should wear a dress, skirt, or dress pants under the graduation gown. Men should wear a white or light colored collared shirt and long khakis or dress pants under the graduation gown. No jeans or shorts.
- The outside of graduation caps and gowns must be free of all decorations, except NHS pins and sashes.
- Students not dressed appropriately for graduation will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
Graduation Requirements: As soon as possible, students should check they have met all graduation requirements necessary to receive their diploma. Students who feel they are not meeting requirements or who believe there is a discrepancy in their credits received should contact the DDHS Student Services Office.
Graduation Photos: Empire Photography will be taking photos as graduates receive their diplomas. To receive your free digital proofs, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following in your email: school name, student’s name, your email address and any other email address you would like the digital proof sent to. If no email address is available, watch for the proofs in the mail a week or two after graduation. If you have any further questions about the photos taken at graduation, please call Empire Photography at 608-257-2941 between 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
Sign Language (ASL) Interpreters: To request a sign language interpreter for graduation, contact Mrs. Tracey Daniels, administrative assistant, at 262-233-6605 or by email at email@example.com three weeks prior to the ceremony.
Balloons and Large Signs at Graduation: For the viewing enjoyment of all in attendance, balloons and large signs are prohibited at the graduation ceremony and will need to be stored in the Commons until after the graduation ceremony.
- Lunch balances: Lunch account balances will be automatically transferred to younger siblings. For any remaining balances of $10 or more, refund checks will be processed. Any other balances will be refunded upon written request to Stephan Kirshenbaum, our food service director. If you aren’t sure if you have a refund coming, ask your senior to check at one of the registers during lunchtime. Mr. Kirshenbaum can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Stephan Kirshenbaum – Food Service Director, 150 Cummings Street, Delavan, WI 53115.