DDHS Graduation Requirements
In order to receive a Delavan-Darien High School diploma, students complete 24 credits. Credits are distributed as follows:
Academic Area Graduation Requirements
4 credits in English to include:
- English 9 OR English 9 Honors
- English 10 OR English 10 Honors
- English 11 OR College Prep English 11
- English 12 plus one elective OR AP Prep English or AP English
3 credits to include
- Global Studies OR AP Human Geography
- Contemporary US History OR AP US History
- Civics OR AP Government & Politics
3 credits to include:
- Biological Science (1 credit) – the Biology course is required for 9th grade.
- Physical Science (1 credit)
- Elective Credits (1 credit)
3 credits in three separate Math courses
Physical Education and Health
A minimum of 1.5 credits in Physical Education. Students must take 3 different classes over 3 separate years. Students must also complete 1/2 credit in Health.
- 9th – PE 9 and Health
- 10th – PE Elective
- 11th – PE Elective
A minimum of 1/2 credit in grades 9 through 12 in Art, World Language or Music.
Career and Technical Education
A minimum of 1/2 credit in grades 9 through 12 in Agriculture Science, Business Education, Family & Consumer Science, or Technology & Engineering.
The class Personal Finance (or Sustainable Urban Agriculture) 1/2 credit, is a requirement for graduation. This may be taken Junior or Senior year. Note: Personal Finance does NOT apply toward the Career and Technical Education requirement.
7 1/2 credits
Notes: Students in grades 9, 10, and 11 must attempt a minimum of 7 credits per year. Students in grade 12 must attempt a minimum of 6 credits.